Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 14:47:26 EDT
Hi,

In a message dated 6/7/00 2:07:55 AM, Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>I just thought I would reply to the "Gosh, aren't wood pellets great"
>thread with a cautionary note.
>
>Yes, wood pellets are great, except if you have a ferret who's alergic
>to pine.  My oldest, Ebisneezer, was named for the fact that exposure to
>pine makes him, well... you can guess.

I agree, but not all wood pellets are pine.  I (not the ferrets) am
allergic to pine and cannot stand to be anywhere near pine shavings or
pine pellet, such as Feline Pine.

There is a product made of aspen that I have heard of but not tried.

I do use wood stove pellets.  I don't know what kind of wood it is, but I
do know there is no pine and I have no problems with it.  So, if you find
that one of your ferrets is allergic to a particular type of pellets, you
can still try a different one and might have better luck.

Kim