Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:41:44 -0700
Long time...no write...
Always behind...skimming FML..

On waterbeds....we had a (low to the ground) 4 poster waterbed for
years....and we had ferrets too...

Ferrets played on waterbed, and under the comforter, and 'tween the
sheets.....we never had one problem!

No digging...no biting...nothing!  Maybe I missed the postings of (if there
were any...) ferrets that agreed with waterbeds, but not all ferrets cause
problems with waterbeds!  (contact me for rates and shipping, to borrow
some that love to play on waterbeds!) :)

We only got rid of the waterbed, because my wife could not get in and out
of waterbed Post-op.  (Total Knees)  Otherwise, back and everything else be
damned.....it's the best to sleep on!  This 'normal' bed 'bout killed me!!!

On deaf ferrets....we have 2, a Champagne Blaze female, and a DEW male.
Love them both!  We know if we attempt to grab for them, or pick them up
without them seeing us, we may well feel their teeth...but, they aren't
biting!  and, they are so cute if we startle them......scurrying off for
cover...then sheepishly looking out at us!  We always hold them (every time
we pick them up) to our chest/neck and say their name, and 'good ferret'
whilst petting them....

We are still treating 2 of ours for signs of adrenal problems with
Lysodren.  Getting some hair regrowth...and getting 2 more 'Gerber Chicken
and Chicken Gravy' babyfood lovers too!

It's too darn hot to go outside, so everyones inside now, with windows
closed, and blinds drawn.  But there's always something to do!  Fresh 50#
of rice for the 'rice bin' and 3 of the clear plastic dryer hoses tied in
knots, and duct taped to 2 PVC "T's" to form a convoluted 'mess' for
ferrets to slither thru...........tails a waggin' all the while!

We've not had any problems with our TF.....that and the Ferret Store brand
is what we feed...but I think....(and I should know!!!) that there is more
poop with the non TF food!

We installed central air a couple years back, for the ferrets...(seriously!
for years and years, we made do with fans!!) Got one of those 'Vornado'
fans to put by the vent, to circulate the cool air for the 'fur rats'
better......really think it helps (and the 'fur-bugs' can't get to the
blades!)

Was looking at some old pictures of our now Sterling Silver male.....he was
so unlike that when he was a baby!  Even I who know him, would never guess
him to change so radically!  It's really amazing!!!

What else????   Oh, Martin's owner came by and visited with him!  It was a
good afternoon, and fun was had by all...

Finally...and I do mean finally, we own a 'beanie baby'!  Have had exactly
ZERO interest in this 'fad' but now 'Runner' sits here as I type.......

Well, if this hasn't been 'much ado about nothing' I don't know what
qualifies?......

Our thoughts go out to all who have lost a friend....it is never easy...nor
should it be!

and that is all we have to say........for now!

Richard and Debra, and the 15 'Yakimaniacs' of Yakima......Washington
(Evergreens...wheat fields) that is............
Never forgetting Merrit, and Dean!  (while not with us physically, are
with us!)