From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:34:31 EDT
I have come to realize that one of my ferrets does not see as well as the
others.  He is not totally blind, but is obviously impaired.  I can't
decifer if his behavior is from that, or from his abusive past (he is a
rescue).  Some of his behaviors I realize are from the horrible past.
But I have to wonder if some of them are from him not seeing well.

He likes confined areas.  He won't walk in the open unless I"m there
(he is bonded with just me).  He has to be "in" something all the time
otherwise.  He rarely plays with the other ferrets, seems to be on the
bottom of the social order (if I had to say it... its like his role is
a sad one of an omega).  I would like to know... if blind or seeing
impaired ferrets have different behaviors than other ferrets or not.  I
think he is happy and that their isn't much else I can do for him other
than what I am doing.  But I also am open to suggestions.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: