From:
Becca Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 07:00:16 +0000
Hi all, Becca, lurker extraordinaire back for yet another round!  I have a
serious question this time.  Has anyone out there (ie; ferret, ferret owner,
vet, breeder, shelter, lurker =) noticed any inherent health problems with
Marshall Farms ferrets?  Specifically cancer.  I've been talking with a few
fuzzy owners, and it seems that this just may (by some *slight* margin) be
so.  I understand that with such a large number of animals being bred that
the ratio is going to be higher, but, it seems that they just have a higher
incidence of cancer in general.  I'm not looking to bash Marshall Farms,
even though I may disagree with their procedures (distributing ferts for
testing purposes), I'm just in the market for a fuzzy myself and most of the
pet stores I've visited in the Northern Virginia area are supplied thier
ferrets by Marshall Farms (I check the ears =).  I've already made the
decision to get my first new fuzzmuffin from a breeder and my second from a
shelter, but I just feel that it's important we know if there are any
inherent problems in general.  This was quite an overly-solumn post and I
apologize for that.... on a lighter note, Bob, you're simply fabulous! and
to all the FMLers.... wonderful in general!

My Most Sincere ALoha [disclaimer: not a hawaiian ALoha, for those of
you who may feel the need to warn me of hawaiian ferret regulations, not
that I don't condone such behavior, of course] <-- I couldn't resist!
becca