From:
Cindy Scheidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:30:25 -0400
*Ohio Ferret Rescue*

Because of this rescue, these ferrets have been given a chance to enjoy
their lives as pet ferrets, having the wonderful life of interacting
with their human families.

Without all those that stepped up to the plate, this could have been a
story that did not have a happy ending.

From the beginning: the actual rescue, the volunteers, the donations,
the ferret groups, the shelters, and individuals - it became a success
*but it is not over. *

To the shelters that came in and made some room for these ferrets out
of the goodness of their hearts, whether they really had room or could
financially afford the additional costs - they were there.

It is important that we continue to find homes for these ferrets, as
well as realize that there are many, many other ferrets looking for
homes that are residing in Shelters all over the U.S..

I do understand the interest in the Ohio rescued ferrets but for those
of you who have inquired about 3 or 4 to give a forever home to - if
you only locate a couple of the Ohio ferrets near you, what about
taking a shelter ferret along to give them the same loving home that
you are offering the Ohio ferrets.

If you are unable to adopt a ferret, then what about a donation that
will assist in their care.

I seem to have rambled on and on but I would really like everyone to
know - that there are still ferrets that are looking for forever homes,
as well as the needs of Shelters and the Giving Tree which is a
wonderful place to go and see the needs of many.

I have not checked the Official Ohio Ferret Rescue site recently but
they may have a list of Shelters and the amount of the Ohio ferrets
that they have for adoption. www.ohioferretrescue.com

To all that participated in this rescue and continue to do so - Kudos
to all.

Cindy Scheidt