From:
Amber Boyher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 21:04:39 -0500
I would just like to take a moment and thank all of you out there that own
and operate shelters, and I'm sure the millions of animals that have been
saved would thank you too.

It is so good to hear that there are still people out there in this cruel
and unforgiving world that care enough to dedicate their lives to save all
of mother natures gifts.  The idea of "throw away" pets needs to be
abolished from people's minds.

I envy all of you out there can make these personal sacrifices to save
these animals.  I want all of you to know that your work does not go
unnoticed or unappreciated, and that you really do make a difference in
the world.  I If only there were more people out there like you.

I was also wondering how you shelters out there survive economically.  I'm
guessing it's primarily by donors and sponsors, plus the adoption fees.  Do
any of you get donations from pet supply chains or stores?

I personally (remember this is my personal thought) think that some of
these breeding facilities should take some of the responsibility and help
out these shelters, maybe giving so much of percentage to their local
shelter.  Again I would just like to say thank you, I have never owned a
shelter animal for the fear if I go into a shelter I will not be able to
leave.  I would like to extend my helping hand to anyone out there that
needs it, I live in Houston, Texas and will gladly help or find help for
anyone that I can.  Being new to the FML I would like to say that I am
amazed at how friendly and helpful everyone has been.  Thanks guys.

Amber

(Mr. Fuzz, Pandora, and Alf)