From:
Jan Fleury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 1996 14:41:01 -0400
Well, I'm some perplexed here.  I've been trying to respond on separate
private email to Chris Nielson, for the kind offer of advice on declawed
ferties (re: our new adoptee, Jessica), as well as a big thank-you and to
let Dr. Williams know that I'm following up on his posted advice about
Willie's blockage (couldn't pee, etc.) that I had posted about a while
back... Thing is, my emails directly in each case (using the email address
from the tops of their postings on the FML) keep bouncing back to me!  If
this posting gets through to the FML, I'll be even more perplexed.  Why
would this get through while my other emails to these individuals did not?
Just in case there's some other problem going on, I want Chris and Dr.
Williams to know:

Thank you for your help!

Dr. Williams: I've forwarded your post to the vet.  (also a note I
discovered on a subsequent FML, re: blockages, 'dribbling' and insulinoma,
etc.  has been forwarded to my regular vet as well... hoping he gets HIS
message from me, although that has NOT bounced back to me...yet!)
and
Thank you, Chris!  Any light you can shed from your experiences with a
declawed fertie will be deeply appreciated!

More later, but I just wanted to respond *somehow* (!) to these kind folks.
And thank you, too, to all and any other FMLers who are keeping Willie in
their thoughts (apparently not the only Willie out there! My Willie extends
hopeful, healthy-making dooks to your Willie!).

--- J.

P.S.  When I got back on to send this message out, I noticed that my email
sent directly to the vet (who happens also to be an AOL account...
suspicious!), has NOT come back, whereas these other messages I've been
trying to send to Dr. Williams and to Chris N. have been to non-AOL
accounts.... But, wait a minute, I just got a message back from someone else
who's also NOT on AOL, who had clearly gotten their message from ME(!) What's
going on here?  Now it looks like the pattern of bounces is narrowed to
attempts to respond directly to other FMLers (?) DUH?  This makes no sense!!

[Moderator's note: Sometimes people post from one address but subscribe from
another, and quite frequently people have the wrong address entered in ther
email program.  If you can't get to a subscriber, I can try to forward a
note for you.  I doubt it's a problem with your email system.  BIG]