From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 21:39:04 -0500
I posted on the FML last night about my wonderful new Xmas tree, designed to
be safe for the ferrets.  Some kind soul was good enough to reply to my
message to warn me that pine water can be toxic to ferrets.

My ferrets have been drinking the water from under the tree since yesterday.
It's not a pine tree, though ..  it's a fir.  Specifically, I believe it is
a frasier fir (broad, flat needles, which don't taper much towards the tip.)
It's a very fresh tree, and I have been adding a small amount of water to
the base continually (fresh, untreated water only).

Is this safe for my fuzzies to drink?  If not, what can I do to prevent them
from drinking it (other than moving the tree out of their reach, of
course!)?  Thanks in advance for your advice!

- Ela

    (000)___(000)

Please visit:  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483