From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 11:23:58 -0400
>leaves me with war wounds and pees ALL over me or the table..the
>med is called...<CIMETADINE HYDROCHLORIDE ORAL SOLN> has anyone
>heard of it?  and should I call the vet to get it changed? she also

Cimetidine?  Yep, that is the drug in Tagamet.

Check with your vet and see if he or she can prescribe famotidine
(Pepcid) or ranitidine (Zantac) instead.  You might also ask about
sucralfate (Carafate) if your little girl isn't already taking it.
It's not an antacid, but it coats the stomach to protect the ulcer
instead.  If you use both the antacid and the sucralfate, though, make
sure you give the sucralfate a couple of hours before you give the
antacid - it needs the stomach acid to activate.

Please don't just pick these up at the pharmacy - always ask your vet
first.

Roger & the Fibonacci Ferts