From:
Jon & Veda Chalmers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:12:23 -0500
Our ferret was diagnosed with Insulinoma six months ago.  We brought
him out of the seizure he was having with corn syrup and then fed him a
couple of tablespoons of Innova canned cat food before rushing him to the
emergency vet's office.  He's been on chicken gravy ever since and we
have tried various formulas.  We can get him to eat almost anything, but
only if the mix includes about 30% Innova canned.  Is this an acceptable
ingredient?

It contains: Turkey, Chicken, Spring Water, Eggs, Rice, Chicken Fat,
Potatoes, Herring, Sunflower Oil, Apples, Carrots, Milk, Fish Oil,
Alfalfa Sprouts, Garlic, Locust Bean Gum, Potassium Chloride, Calcium
Pantothenate, Choline Chloride, Taurine, DL-Methionine, Sodium Ascorbate,
DL-Alpha Tocpherol, Vitamin A Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate,
Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine
Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12
Suppliment.

We are adding pureed boiled chicken, Turkey rice babyfood (he also likes
this flavor), and a little apple cranberry babyfood.  If we don't add
enough of the cat food to suit him, I wind up wearing more than he eats
as he flings his head from side to side in protest.