From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 19:58:47 -0500
Okay, I think we are winding down on the Rainbow Ferrets.

SOS, who worked endlessly for donations from companies Obtained a
$1,000 donation from United which will put us pretty well even with the
vet, we have a few more to go but its looking good. Mon or Tues should
close things down.

Our Patrice, secretary, got up the nerve and adopted one of these
babies, she normally just takes the Lupron and/or Pred dependents so
this is a treat to her. She just sent me an email and looks like she
has been playing around with her Rainbow Rafe:

Rafe' my new Rainbow girl won the ferret of the month on the MSN Group
"ferret lovers"

General : Ferret of the Month for April

This is belated but I wanted to pass on about the quality of hammocks
Ferret Nook of Cambridge WI sent early on. These hammocks are
professional looking with fantastic stitching across the top and round
the sides, just marvelous. The ones they sent weren't the wild patterns
so common but plain solid colors that look so rich. If any of you are
interested their website is www.ferretnook.org

Also one of the most helpful items sent were old hammocks, scraps of
material, etc.............yes, when you have the mess we had to work in
getting these kids into decent cages and their not being potty broke,
you just don't want to use new materials. So you who have those kind of
items and have room to save them, believe me they are welcomed in cases
like this. Some beautiful stuff was sent, too beautiful to let them
have at that stage- now will be gifts for those willing to adopt, but
the most useful is stuff it won't matter what they do to it, as long as
it is safe. Toys. I think those were the highlights for the ferrets.
They never had toys before and it didn't take long for instincts to
show them and for all the workers busy rushing past, it would stop the
show to see them learn. Last night, late, I got up and went to check
thinking I had left something out that needed recapping and one of the
boys was deep in his hammock where you couldn't see him but you could
hear him shake one of those crochet set of balls like mad - wonder I
didn't hear him from the bedroom, hammock just a dancing.

We did get 4 huge boxes from two people I got their information
crossed - I think I even moved Lisa to another state when I was telling
about it. My apologies and I was bug eyed over what the shipping cost
was but again this sure fit the bill.

Now expecting some TF from Tim, Cheryl and Colesferry Kids in Nashville
(she works for the tire company so I wasn't to be surprised at the box
it comes in). We also got a lot of 8-1 Ultra Blend food from Humbolt
and a second box with brand new toys like the octopus and fish and play
pen thingys. I don't know who sent them, if they ordered it from them
or it was the company itself that sent them.

Rainbow Robin and Rainbow Riot are settled in their new homes. Many are
getting new names but I love the ones that keep their names. Especially
when they give you a vision like Rainbow Rose, Rainbow Raider, Rainbow
Rascal Rainbow Ripples - yet my vet tells me, after spaying and
neutering all these, if I keep any I had better rename them something
besides R. I don't think 73 R names is too much for one vet to keep
track of.

The newer pictures are up on the album and many of you may recognize
some of the supplies you sent in those pictures. I was after the
ferrets so didn't pay much attention to other things as I took the
pictures.

<http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff149/milliesa2003/Rainbow%20Action%20Figures/>

Millie and her Cleaning Crew
www.Txferretrescue.org