Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2012 06:06:07 -0800
You can make your own engraved and personalized memorial stone for you
ferret. They make stepping stone kits that come complete with a mold
and marbles, broken glass, tiles, and similar decorations that can be
imbedded in the stone. They sell separate 5 or 8 pound bags of dry
cement. You mix up the cement and pour it into the mold and then gently
push your decorations on top of the wet cement. You can write names
with a popcicle stick or you can buy letter imprinters. I've found
that making these stones is very therapeutic in dealing with my grief
when one of my critters passes. It takes maybe an hour to mix up and
decorate a stone and about a day for it to completely harden. This is
my mourning time where I focus on the happy times with my beloved
ferret and am able to express my love and deal with my pain by creating
something beautiful in his/her name.

You can buy these kits at a craft store such as Michaels. It is helpful
lay out your design and have it ready before you mix up the cement.

Hope this helps.

Bernadette