From:
Rachelle & McKyle Tuvell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 14:10:32 -0500
OK--in a situation like this, with the murder of many ferrets in Spokane,
and the information about this event being spread through so many different
mediums and from so many different sources, there is no doubt that some
misinformation and/or rumors can crop up.  There still may be some sketchy
details and confusion about some facts, but the most important thing to keep
in mind right now is this: Jean and those ferrets still need our help!
Things seem to be starting to look up for her, according to what has been
posted on the FML, but she certainly isn't out of the woods yet.  She needs
our continued support and encouragement!  I understand if you might not
support "backyard breeders", etc., but don't be so skeptical of her
situation right now that you criticize!  Past vet bills, unpaid rent, or
whatever is not the focus here--as it shouldn't be.  But I have no doubt
that some serious debt was incurred in the treatment of the ferrets that
were abused so horribly by Lance.  This is what donations should be sent
for, IMHO.  I think we should give Jean a little credit here, folks, and
assume she has the responsibility to use the donations for this cause.  My
grandmother used to tell me, "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say
anything at all."

Thanks for reading,
Rachelle Tuvell