Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:32:11 EST
Not long ago I had to take my little boy Champ to the vet for help
crossing the bridge and today I had to make the same trip with my boy
Ernie. Ernie came to me as a foster with his cage mate Bert, who passed
a couple of years ago.

Ernie was a DEW with a A plus personality. He was insulinomic and
adrenal, had to have his tail cropped to a mere stub, had a broken toe
that never was right but he was softer than the normal fur kid, had a
can do attitude and fought with all his might but when I found him this
morning he was unable to move his rear end very well, the vet said his
blood sugar was 48 and he had a tumor next to a kidney that was the
size of a peach seed and do to his age and condition he was not a
candidate for surgery and that it was his time.

I held him while the shot was given, I stroked his head and talked to
him and told him how sorry I was and that I loved him and that he soon
would be well and happy with all his brothers and sisters again. He
laid there in my arm and watched me until the light went out in his
eyes and I cried.

Ernie is now resting alongside his brothers and sisters that have gone
before him under a big oak tree.

His dad
Patrick