From:
TAYLOR DIANE M <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:05:02 -0500
Today was the day.  I got to the clinic and C.B. Goins was with me.
Thank God or I would have lost it.  Rusty has a host of serious problems
and the vet said that in his opinion there would be no point in surgery.
He said that it would give Rusty pain and that the quality of time would
be not good at all.  He gave Rusty 3 weeks to 3 months to live and told
me to take him home and spoil him rotten.  The surgery would have done no
good.  C.B. knows more about the things that are terribly wrong with
Rusty.  The vet talked to us at length about the problems and some of it
was over my head but I got the jist of it.  Troy Lynn suggested my vet
call hers tomorrow when I go to pick Rusty up and bring him home.  She
suggested mentioning to the vet about aspirating the lumps.  My vet
thinks it is both kidneys but TLE mentioned something else it could be.
I am beside myself.  This is devastating to me.  Rusty was grooming
himself today and so sweet when I cuddled him in my arms.  The vet said
everyone in the office fell in love with him.  Please keep him in your
prayers because it is going to be tough as hell to bring him home and
watch him go downhill to the point where I will have to send him on his
way to the bridge.  To all of you who prayed for him and sent cards, how
can I ever thank you enough?  I need you all so much.  I could not make
it otherwise.