Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:32:54 -0800
Ferret in need of home at Worcester ARL in Massachusetts:
5-7 years old, neutered male; very tiny; sable.  The woman turning him in
did not provide a name for him.  He is a very sweet little guy according
to WARL.

Has bloody stools according to person who turned him in, but WARL has
only seen some soft stool, no blood.  Depending on the timing, I may be
able to get him vet checked and at least run a fecal on him-I might be
able to get him started on some pepcid and sucralfate in case of an
ulcer.

He belonged to the woman who turned them in's mom, who apparently has too
many animals and can't care for them-the mom apparently has five cats and
one more ferret at home, unfortunately (there is apparently no contact
info for these people, as woman turning him in just wanted him put down,
and the WARL wasn't sure what they'd be doing with him at first in case
he was truly ill).  The other ferret was apparently not caged with this
one (I am disappointed that they didn't require her to give contact info
anyway, but it's hard to push people sometimes at a shelter when they're
surrendering an animal-there is always the fear that they will decide
"forget it" and turn the animal loose outside or worse).  He was brought
in this past Saturday.

I can't take in any more ferrets right now, and fostering would be
difficult with all the remodeling at my house at the moment, but I can
help with transport and providing some basic supplies.

If you can help, please email me directly (I don't get to read the
FML much these days, sadly) at [log in to unmask], or call me at
508-721-1259 (it is okay to post and pass this listed phone number).
508-853-0030 is the WARL phone number-you can ask for Kim, who has
spoken with me-if you'd like to contact WARL directly.

Thanks for your help,
April Armstrong Campbell