From:
LINDA FRASER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:37:57 -0700
Hi all, my heart is missing a piece today, my little Denver passed
to the Rainbow Bridge Sunday evening. I was helping my friends by
babysitting their ferret rescue ferrets, and my six babies like always
were there with me, Denver, my 4year old was fine, he was playing, with
his cage mates before we left for Grand Rapids MI. on the 21st and
all thru Saturday. Late evening when I was working in the ferret room,
I glanced over to the playpen where my crew of six were playing and
sleeping, and my Denver was not able to use his back legs? I picked
him up and examined him, he had shown no signs of distress before this.
I picked him up and placed him in our travel cage, where I could take
him up stairs with me, and start doing the things that I knew to do,
keeping liquid down him, and using turkey babyfood to get some type
of food into his belly. The vet was already closed for the weekend,
the one that is trained to care for ferrets, so I was out of luck.

I did all that I knew to do all of Saturday, and into Sunday, and he
just went down hill fast, I held him in my arms, used all of the nuring
skills I knew to use but he didn't respond. My friend returned from
the Buckeye Bash and she put forth all of the effort, for him that she
could as well, she is also trained in the medical field as well, and
has dealt with many very sick ferrets herself, and has pulled thru many
from thr brink, She's Deb, from Debs Ferret Rescue here in Michigan.
She worked so hard to help my Denver come thru as well, but her efforts
just weren't enough either.

It was sudden, and so unexpected, for a 4 year old ferret to go so
suddenly after showing no signs prior. He was my little peace maker,
who welcomed many new comers into his life after he lost his best buddy
Max, and his other cage mates, when he was at a young age. He bonded
so well with any new friends I adoped for him to have for friends, and
seemed to have a comforting spirit when one of his cage mates were ill,
he'd stay by them as if to comfort them until they go well again. He
was such a sweet natured baby, and I so want him to be greeted by one
of those wonderful greeters at the bridge, and to make sure he is
reunited with his buddy Max, and Monica, and Noah, and my very first
fuzzy Nickolas, so he will be surrounded by those he knows, and he
won't be afraid, He is a Silver mitt boy with what looks like a dark
silver heart on the top of his head, and he has such a sweet nature, he
can't be missed, do let him know that his mom Linda, and Christopher,
Dakota, craig, Ivy, and Stanely are missing him today, and the tears
we are shedding are tears of love, that he can save in a special jar,
and tuck away somewhere he is carrying a piece of my heart, and the
love along with him, so help him to keep those treasures safe, we
know that he is in good hands at the Rainbow Bridge,

I'm truely hurting, and so are his cagemates, take care of my little
man please, get your best greeter on the job to help him thru,

thanks
Mom Linda