From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:39:16 -0900
If you have ever watched John Edwards Crossing Over you know that the
energy (call it spirit or soul if you wish) remains watching over you
where ever you are.  While their earthly bodies may be sacred to you, I
always find myself thankful that I can believe that the true essence of
my fur kids has never truly left me.  As an adult, I have always lived
in apartments or rented houses; places I knew were not my own.  As a
consequence, I have always donated my deceased ferret bodies to science.
My vets have always been compasionate about this, making sure I have a
little time to say goodbye before I have them put to sleep (I cannot be
there; it is hard enough for me to see them alive before I put them down,
I don't like to see them dead.).

I hope that you will also remember that where ever you go, your pets
spirits travel with you, so you will never really be without them.

Take care.

Melanee Ellis
"The Ferret Lady"
Juneau, AK