From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:51:42 -0600
Hello, this is Susie Lee in, of and with The Ferret & Dove Sanctuary,
Inc. in occasionally sunny Pensacola, Florida. Over the last two weeks
we've had two fine ferrets turned in who are each friendly and sociable
with other socialized ferrets.

The younger one is just under a year old (the vet's pretty certain he's
between 8 month's and a year old) and is a truly gorgeous champagne
named Ron Weasley Champagne. He's robustly healthy and plays "nice"
with other friendly ferrets of every age, doesn't tease the cats,
either, and that's pretty good for a youngster-ferret not to be the
least tempted to tease at any of our 5 cats.

The other , Blair Buddy Dew Goodfellow,is a middle-aged DEW who is a
rescue-ee from Louisiana and came in washed, but a cright orange color
from the orange-colored, highly mineralized water in the area where his
original rescuers had him, before bringing him with them on their trip
thru our area, for which all involved were grateful that they did bring
him. He's been gradually losing his bright orange-y mineral-y coating
and in his photos in petfinder, you'll see just a tinge of pale orange
here-and-there.

So look for Ron Weasley Champagne and Blair Buddy on our petfinder pet
list scrollers on these two sites...
http://ferretanddovesanctuary.petfinder.com
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret-rescuer/index.html

Now for some pleasant ferret-music! last night i once again had
occasion to notice on the public broadcasting 'Arts & Entertainment",
a cheerful version of Johann Strauss II's "Banditen galop" (bandit
galop), and could not help but notice at the same time how
well-choreographed this musical piece was to a group of skipping,
racing, leaping ferrets so that one could easily picture J. Strauss jr.
having written this tune for a business of ferretty "bandit"s rather
than for any human sorts...the music is perfectly suited to the
ferrets' just getting out to play and cutting up all over the place
with ferret-leaps here and there while they body-shout 'I'll be the
Ferret and You be the Rabbit!' (just listen with your eyes, you'll
get it! :)

I wish i could download music; I'd like to find a recording and put
it on our pages...the music 'for' playful ferrets that J.Strauss Jr.
wrote!, the Bandit Galop!