From:
Jennifer B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:43:02 -0500
Greetings from KC, MO! .... I'm wondering if anyone can give some
insight about somethin odd I've noticed about one of my fuzzies lately.

Sasha, my 5 yr.  old "chunky" sable (with the notorious ear wax issues!),
has an odor on her tail that is really weird.  OK, this is going to sound
funny or odd but her tail appears to have a strong ENGLISH LAVENDER scent
to it although the rest of her body does not smell like this at all!

She doesn't have any bumps or 'blackheads' on her tail and there's no
hair loss anywhere.  Just smells funny .... is this a "ferret thing" or
just unique to my Sasha maybe?

I have been using an ear cleaner (DermaPet) on her to stablize her
previous excessive ear wax problem (now under control) BUT this cleaner
leaves a hint of a vinegar smell around her ears and it's definitely NOT
a lavender smell!  (I was thinking that since Sasha sleeps curled up with
her tail near her ears, the 'tail' odor might be the residue from the ear
cleaner but I really don't think so because the two smells are so
different.

Anyone know what's up?

Jen, Sasha & Snowy