From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2011 23:39:20 -0400
Dear Lindsay,

It was a really beautiful day when Princess Slinky arrived. I had just
raked all of the leaves into a huge pile and was letting the kits jump
in them, when Hobbes came to my door. Now believe it or not, he set
down his courier bag and had a nice flop in the pile himself.

Autumn is a time for celebration for my fuzzit clan, because we honor
my mum's dad who has been here going on 23 years now. It is a sad time
of the year for her, so we do everything we can to send her love and
memories of he beloved da. He too will make his way from where he lives
and works and comes down to play with us and look in on his daughter
too.

I'm not the only one that does this, we all do. We look in on our
earthly families and send love, comfort and as much joy as we can so
that you can still feel that we are, in some way, still very much a
part of you. We always will be. Once we come into your lives we never
leave, even when we go to the Bridge, we are always, always, in your
heart, at least until you come home to us.

Hobbes gave me Slinky's scroll and together we read all about this
royal monarchy. We both had a good giggle over the thing with white
appliances, especially the toilet! I wasn't quite that naughty, but
we always had to keep the toilet seats down when I was out because I
insisted on drinking out of them instead of the many water bowls mum
left about.

I also loved the fact that her seemed so endlessly joyous when she war
danced. For any fuzzit that is a sign of reckless abandonment, that we
are happy and over flowing with love for the life we have and the loved
ones we have in it. We still war dance here, so Princess Slinky will
always continue to dance with the same joy as she did when she was with
you - even more so when she see's you again.

As we were reading the scroll Corrick quietly walked up and nosed his
way into the middle of us two, and Hobbes and I just wrapped our paws
around him and pulled his tightly into a warm ferret hug and let him
read along with us.

After we finished reading, the three of us gathered up the kits who had
been playing around us, and we made a trip to the bridge, and on our
way we found things "set" out for Slinky. First a gorgeous lavender,
silk robe with with, fluffy marabou feathers and tiny little crystals
everywhere on it, then we found a small platinum scepter with more
jewels on it, and lastly a small, delicate crown with lovely crystals
and light lavender jewels encrusted all over it, and oddly enough, as
we at last arrived at the Bridge, we were all dressed in courtly
clothing.

We we did get to the Bridge, we found a beautiful, golden throne and
upon it sat Slinky. The kits places the robe around her neck and gently
clasped it. I handed her her royal scepter, and Corrick placed the tiny
crown upon her beautiful head, and in the manner of a true Monarchy,
she had truly arrived.

Her smile was beatific, there were tears in her eyes, and then she set
down the scepter and held her tiny paws over her heart an said, "I miss
my mommy, and I love her so very much, all of this is so wonderful, but
all I want is my Queen, my mommy, my everything, to know just how much
she means to me, and how I will be waiting for her, every day until I
see her again.", then she lifted up her scepter and giggled, and said,
"And just think what she will say when she see's me dress like this!".

And we all giggled. Your Royal Majesty Princess Slinky has arrived, and
in style!

In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah