From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:39:15 -0500
FFS Shelter - We've been very busy the last 2 weeks.  The Kansas Animal
Health Dept contacted us about becoming a state licensed animal shelter - we
will be ferret specific.  What this will allow for is other pounds and
shelters, such as the Lawrence Humane (?) Society, to turn ferrets over to
us legally.  I contacted our city offices and they have no problem with us
constructing either an addition onto our home or a free standing building in
our back yard for just this purpose.  I'll be talking with our banker about
a home improvement loan (wish us the best) and calling for estimates.  The
Animal Health Dept is behind us on this issue and I'm anxious to get the
building started.  For those of you that pray please say one for us.

LHS - The Lawrence Humane Society is still killing and plans on killing
stray ferrets.  I can't understand how they could ignore all the information
that was provided but they are obviously a board of do-nothing,
learn-nothing, stupid jerks.  They are not a HUMANE Society at all and do
not deserve to be called such.  I'm still working on this issue and we will
be picketing the LHS sometime in the future.  Anyone interested in joining
our picket line please contact me directly.  This will be a peaceful and
informative picket with signs depicting exactly what they do.  I cringe at
the thought of the fear and pain ferrets suffer at their hands, and yes it
is all of their hands as they allow this barbaric cruel practice to
continue.  If you've saved the addresses please write or call the board
members and the LHS.  Be polite but firm.  Anyone with media contacts?  Can
we get this on the Associated Press?  Shame them from coast to coast!

Hugs to all.  tle