From:
KiSta Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 00:59:11 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that the ferrets from Long Island, NY are
now safely here.

My friends Marissa and Meagan coordinated the pickup, and then drove them
down here tonite.  I want to thank them so much for all the work they did
to help these poor ferrets get out of a horrible situation.  The owner had
told me originally that there were 15, but when Marissa went to pick them
up, there were only 11.  I don't know what happened to the remaining four,
I only hope they're safe.

The 11 that are here are very emaciated, but otherwise look pretty healthy,
considering the conditions that they were living in.  I'll update more on
their heath after they visit the vet next week.  They are all eating like
little pigs, drinking water and loving the clean cage, hammocks, sleeping
bags and toys.

I want to thank my friends Lisa and Tom for putting the 11 up in their
living room, since the shelter is beyond full.  Also, a special thanks to
Lisa for coming over this evening and cleaning the entire shelter all by
herself, since I injured my knee on Wednesday and am pretty much bed/chair
ridden or on crutches.  Also, I'd like to thank everyone who wrote me and
the ferret's previous owner and tried to help ....I appreciate it very
much, and I'm certain the ferrets do even more.

I'll get photos of them this weekend and post them on my website.  My
shelter count is now up to 56 ferrets, and that is WAY over capacity, so
if you're in the NJ area, please consider adopting one of our ferrets.

Thanks again to everyone!

kim
KiSta Ferret Shelter
www.kistaferret.com