From:
Darlene Herauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 18:18:19 EST
Our wonderful Tink strikes again.  This time not a funny.  And even though
this will open me for much flaming, it can't possibly be close to what I've
said to myself.

I sprained my ankle earlier this week (I'm a mail carrier and I fell off
a porch (don't ask)) so I've been on Ibuoprofin.  It has a child-proof cap
and was in a zipped gym bag that I use for work.  (I should have known
better)  Early this morning I heard Willow playing with a different "
toy" under the bed.  When I looked I saw an empty Ibuprofin bottle.  I
immediately freaked.  Jumped out of bed and looked for each fuzzie.  Tink
had unzipped my bag and gotten the cap off the bottle.  She was very wobbly
and lethargic.  After hydrogen peroxide (suggested by the emergency center)
and a few hours she is much better.  There is the possibility of liver
damage, though.  My vet will do a blood test.

Please, please, please don't assume that medications are safe unless they
are behind a locked door.  I've learned the hard way.  And I'm moving all
first aid and medication supplies to an area where they will never be
moved.  They had been in a drawer (always the same drawer) but they're
always moved around.  It's very frustrating when you have a sick fuzzie
in one hand, tears streaming down your face because you poisoned you
baby,(however unintentionally) and you are literally throwing "drawer
stuff" on the floor because it's not what you need.

Hug those fuzzies; they're so very special!!!
Darlene