From:
richard r stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:07:16 -0700
dooks all

I've got a couple of things for you here: ear mites / fleas.

my mom uses advantage on her dogs once a month so any fleas we get are
gone before the can get to the ferts even if thew ferts are outside them
selfs the fleas don't last long enough to be a problem.  and the bio-spot
made for ferrets should work just a well.  on the subject of ear mites i
asked my vet about some ear medicine she recommended some stuff ( my
being a little slow i can't remember the name of the medicine) it is
given in three shots in succession these shots place a poison in the
ferrets blood that kills ear mites the shots are given about 12 days
apart and last about a year.  I've noticed my kids scratch their ears
once and then it might be days or weeks before they scratch again.

hope this helps
rich samantha & barnaby & the ghost of pogo