From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:34:32 -0500
HI CJ-
We took in 2 of the Royal Canadians form a MA pet store Sept 11th --
beware there is a higher incidence of deafness in there kits!  They
appear to breed for blaze- panda.  We have a deaf one here and an albino
who bit to the bone to protect the deaf one!

They are okay now but had some real behavioral issues upon admittance!

I was wondering about the age of shipment on these sounds like you got a
young un!

your description:
His teeth are very small, very short whiskers, large body, very small paws
fits these two to a tee as well!

In my opinion- and who am I you do NOT want to allow the ferret at 10
weeks to nurse.  Giving the milk replacer etc will now cause a prolapsed
rectum.  The best thing to do is to hold, cuddle and perhaps give the kit
a foamy frie, cheweasel, etc to substitute the chewing for the suckling.
Of course there may be a vet who disagrees ... but you should not digress
on the diet at this stage of development.

Best wishes - looking so forward to finally meeting you in Vegas!

Alicia
Ferret Wise
www.ferretwise.org