From:
Bill Mahoney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 18 May 1994 12:15:45 -0400
        I couldn't help it - he was just so cute and small and friendly.  I had
to buy him.  Now I did it again.  He's my third but I haven't had a ferret for
two years now - way too long.
        I'm very happy and proud to have a new addition to my household.
Yesterday me and my fiance got a little silvermit and for some reason we named
him Elmer.  Not Elmer Fudd mind you - but Elmer Jack.  Okay, so it may be a
strange name but we just liked it.  As my fiance, Ginger said, "I just looked
at him and said, 'What's your name?  What do you look like' and I said to
myself, 'He's an Elmer'."  We both agreed.
        I didn't want to buy one from a pet store - I wanted to be much more
careful than that but I bought my first two from pet stores.  The first from
one that I worked at later and saw first hand just how many dogs died before
they ever left the back room after a week of observation.  Ferrets seem to be
very healthy and so was mine from that pet store and my other from a different
one.  So I'm hoping for the best - price wasn't an issue - I've seen several
since my first one and he was by far the most friendly and affectionate.  He
fell asleep on Ginger's shoulder very soon after we picked him up.
        Well, anyway, here I go again and it should be fun.  I'll be once again
reading these types of ferret forums with the interest of an avid ferret owner
and not just an admirer!

                                       Sincerely,
                                       Clint, Ginger and now Elmer!

PS:  I'm still looking for a non-spayed female if anyone can help me on that -
I need to check out the Tennesee Valley Ferret Club but I lost their number.
Does anyone know of more ferret clubs in the Nashville, TN area?

PSS:  Tarra, I gues I'll just be buying one locally unles you come down to
Nashville sometime and you have some new babies.