From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 10:19:41 -0400
Pheochromocytomas:
>I don't know if this form of adrenal malignancy occurs in ferrets.

Many years ago, my Lily had one of her adrenals removed and pathology said
it was a pheochromocytoma.  There had only been one or two reported cases
of this in ferrets.  I posted it to the FML (probably) and Dr. Williams
wrote me and said that it was likely misread by the pathologist.  He said
that he used to have problems with it also.  I have no idea if the two
"reported" cases have been substantiated/documented at all but I believe
they were in a veterinary journal.

At any rate, it is very, very rare.

Katharine