Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 07:49:26 -0500
Well, I have posted the evidence that I had on colloidal silver, and they
speak for themselves.  I have no desire to speak against Mr. Killian's
specious arguments on this point, as they have no merit.  Since I have in
the past had problems with other erroneous information he has posted to the
FML about SOS, etc., I avoid debating with him.

My information stands on its own merits; if anyone cares to do background
checks on it, please do so, and I'm sure you will see the veracity of the
sources I have posted.  If anyone wants to reach me for further information
on colloidal silver, please feel free to post to me at the above address.
I have provided sources for all of the information I have posted, including
the issue date for the Science Digest Magazine article, so they are easily
to be found.

In regards to the person who said that "silver should not be part of the
body system", it might interest you to know that silver does, in fact,
NATURALLY exist in the body (in trace amounts).  Also, silver has been
traditionally used by dentists to fill dental fillings, and in the delivery
room (they put it in the eyes of newborns to prevent infections.  This
stems from the late 1880's, when a German obstetrician found that by so
doing, he could lower the level of blindness in children born to women with
venereal disease from over 60% to less than 2%!)

Sean, thank you for the excellent Medline search, and I appreciate the
information.  I'm not sure what the "colloidal silver protein" you
referenced is, since silver isn't a protein?

I think this is one of the problems with the FDA's broad exemption for
colloidal silver and grandfathering of it, actually.  This is also the
reason I very carefully outlined the guidelines for what you SHOULD be
using in a colloidal silver product, and recommended the Silver Wings
brand (and similar reputable brands), since Gary Holwicki and others have
been using that brand in ferrets for quite awhile now without incident.

Unfortunately, due to the FDA exemption, the FDA does NOT regulate or
control colloidal silver, and there ARE people making improper colloidal
silver products out there (probably including "colloidal silver proteins"..
whatever in the heck that is?) It's REALLY important that you get a
properly made colloidal silver with correct particle size and purity, as
improperly made products (or misuse of a properly made product) CAN cause
argyria and other health conditions.  I'd be happy to send again the
specifications for particle size and purity on a properly made colloidal
silver product, if anyone needs them.  My ferrets and I have been using
them for quite awhile now, and I can assure you that we are neither
bluish-grey nor dead ... particularly not the latter.  ;->

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483