From:
Donna Carillo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 18:08:07 -0500
I want to take a moment to say thanks to all of you who responded and helped
me in my time of need.  Kimble's great escape was one that has left me
feeling sad and lonley.  It has been 4 1/2 weeks since her escape and no
return.  I tried everything possible that a loving ferret mother would.
Even to the point of trying to trap her w/ animal friendly cages per a
recommendation,but still no luck.  Having no closure to this crisis is still
the hardest thing..I always wonder is she alive/dead ..I find myself looking
at every hit animal in the road..and sometimes stopping if I think it maybe
her.  I know the chances of return are slim to none; however, there's not a
day that goes by that I don't think about her.  I have two young cats(pooh
and tiger)..I can tell they miss her too...they keep looking in all the
hiding places and reach in with their paws like she'll come out to start
playing...they know somethings not the same.  I have kept her cages around
the house outside undercover in hopes for a miracle of sorts.  All that I
can do is still hope and prayer that she may find her way back or some good
person will turn her in.  The possibility exists that she may have crossed
the rainbow bridge to be with her other fury friends...and if this is the
case..my wish is that she is having a blast amongst the rest.

It's rough day to day when Kimble's not around...I guess I never realized
how much joy and happiness my lil munchkin brought to me....no matter what
the circumstances..I could ALWAYS count on her to be there (usually in my
face or between my feet, but I loved every minute of it..doing anything she
could to make me giggle).  Kim was a crazy girl..sometimes psycho I
think...I  miss her greatly and if she has found another home, I can only
hope they are good people and treat properly.

Again, I want to thank everyone for being so responsive to my cry for help.
Especially, Mary McCarty and her crew, Jadesun,Mia, Laura,Trish & Ralph...
and lastly but definitely NOT least  BOTH Julianna  and Jan of the GA.
Domestic Ferret Association.

To both Julianna and Jan:
If anyone should call the association with found ferret,please keep Kimble
in mind.Female,sable,mask,brown feet,pink nose,6yrs.  ..I would appreciate
greatly appreciate it.  In time I may attempt to mother another fuzz;
however, I think it may take a while for me to get past my current feelings
to allow myself to move on.  My fiance (who was the cause for her escape by
wedging the door so the dogs could come back in the house w/ out having to
talk)(can we say dumb!!!!!!!) feels horrible that together he and his
kids(yes, they are his kids) caused my child to escape.  He asked me if I
would want to foster some children.  I told him that I would really have to
think about it, but eventually it may be a possibility.  So , in the future,
I may give you a call to inquire about fostering or maybe even adopting some
fuzz.

It's nice to know there is a group out there who feels the same love for
their kids as I do(did)???  Keep loving  everyday...ya just never know what
can happen!!!

Thanks again and sorry to have taken more than a moment!
Donna Carillo & Kimble too (wherever she is she thanks you for being there
for me)