From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 2009 19:45:47 EDT
My female ferret Doshia who is 12+ years old and has insulinoma plus
adrenal disease is growing these weird extra toes and nails. Has anyone
else seen this? I've only had her for a year, she's the sweetest ferret
ever and yes she really is 12+ years. One of her cagemates died last
year at age 11+. They were very loved ferrets that sadly had to be
given up by their previous owner when she became ill. Doshia still
totters around, gets loose once a day, eats her soup twice a day and
gives lots of kisses. She is on pred and melatonin implants. She
forgets where to poop most times and requires twice a day bedding
changes in the large cage she shares with 3 friends..... Brewster
who is blind, Dix who also has insulinoma and Dax, the youngest in
the group, who is her constant companion and caregiver. Because of
Doshia's age and medical problems, every day I have her is a gift,
a very special gift.

Nancy, who is just wondering about the weird toe thing......