Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:41:54 -0600
Hello.  My name is Bill and I am a fuzzbuttholic.

We just added two cute fuzzies to our business: Calvin & Hobbes.  A
family did not want them so I _felt_ the only correct thing to do was
to give them a forever home.  They join our existing family of Hoppy
and Girlita.

Why is it that I feel they should go with me?  Other families had shown
an interest in taking them also.  But I just couldn't pass them by as I
feel I am the _only_ one who could give them a good home.  Do other
ferret Moms and Dads also have this feeling?

To be fair with our new additions and exiting family, I know I can not
take care of anymore.  But how do I say no if I find a little fuzzy in
the pound, in classified ads, by word of mouth, on in the FML?  Tomorrow,
someone in ABQ may post saying they need to move to CA and cannot take
their fuzzy with them.  How could I say no to that?

I look forward to getting them tested for ADV as soon as I receive the
test kits in the mail so all four of them can make terror in our house.
But for now, we keep the new arrivals in a separate room and have limited
times out of their cage.  They just don't understand but hopefully they
will forgive me when they get the run of the house.

A few weeks ago, I made a dig box for Hoppy and Girlita.  Went out and
bought a 27" TV.  Boy the price of these have sure come down.  Opened the
box, threw the tv in the trash, filled the box with 50 pounds of rice,
put a entry hole about 12 inches up from the floor, attached a ramp to
the hole, and gently place two ferrets in the box.  One of their favorite
activities every day.  By the way, I didn't really throw the tv in the
trash but I really do believe the box used this way has more value than
the shows on tv.

That is all I have for today.  I'll pass to the next person.

--
William M. Davidson

1704 Blume, NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112
505 294 4571

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they
don't want, to impress people they don't like.
-Will Rogers