Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2010 09:12:44 -0800
If the ferret in question has recently gained the weight, since lets
say September or so, it's probably winter weight gain and nothing to
worry about. My boy can pack on the grams for winter, he will lose it
come spring. If it's been longer than that then other issues need to
be considered, like treats or playtime or the food you are currently
feeding. Also, are there any other health issues going on?

This was a real interesting article, I believe Danee was the one who
originally posted it. I learned a lot about food reading it.

http://www.petsynergy.com/overview.html

Here is the link for the Ferret Universe food chart. It's a bit out
of date but does explain what to look for in the first ingredients.
It does say corn shouldn't be higher than 4th or 5th.

http://www.ferretuniverse.com/care/food.asp

Speaking of ingredients, I looked up some foods today online. Yes, Evo
has made some minor changes but nothing to worry about. The big shocker
was Orijin, they have really changed their ingredients. I suppose we
should always be reading the labels, even for foods we have been using
for years.

And lastly, I learned from Liz at Totally Ferret you can freeze dried
food. Now I can buy a bigger bag, save money, and have it last longer.

I hope some of this was useful. I don't know a lot about food, I've
tried to learn. If the original poster has any questions they can email
me direct.

Tracy