From:
Karri Knutson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 22:09:04 -0400
hi again,

Ok I am VERY worried about Xalamen, my 9 wk old kit.  Maybe I'm over
reacting, but i dont remember the others acting like this.  He doesnt play
at all, just lays around.  When i do get him to move around, he acts like he
cant move his back legs, he'll use them, but he falls over w/ them, he
doesnt stand on them, he uses one leg at a time and falls over.  Is this
cause he's still little?  Or could it be because he just lays in his cage
all day when i'm gone, and doesnt use his hind legs?  When he's in his cage,
he just reaches over to his food to eat, and half the time doesnt go the the
litter box or anywhere to go to the bathroom, just goes where he is.  When
he's out, i try to make him move as much as possible.  I'd be happy if he
bit me, i try to bug him till he bites, just to see him do something, but he
just bumps his mouth into you.  That could just be because i've taught him
not to bite, but still.  He also acts if his head is too big for him, he
cant hold it up very well.  He's SO wobbley its scary.

Does anyone know whats wrong w/ him??  Or what i can do for him?  Or is this
normal in some kits??  What??????  I'm freaking over here!!  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Karri,
Ona, Ceezer, Xalamen, & Alaska (who just got skunked! Pewy!!!)

http://members.aol.com/KEK19/home.html   <~~~ has been updated again!!