From:
David Frischling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:48:11 -0500
I called them up, finally, today, but I was too late to discuss pricing
for bulk orders.  By the time I got off the phone with the nutritionist
gal, the order department was gone.  So, I'll have to call tomorrow.  I
was told though that she thinks they do volume discounts!

I did talk to her extensively about their two ferret foods however.  The
type 1 is the raw super high meat and protein food.  It comes in a freeze
dried format that you can either reconstitute, or feed dry.  Type two is
for people that want the convenience of a kibble.  It is not raw, and
they admit to their being a huge difference in quality and benefits
between their two types.  Come to think of it, they suggested feeding
raw meat or rodents would be even better!

She was quite helpful, and when I complained about the high cost of their
food, she did say that typically you'll only need about 1/4 the amount of
their TYPE 1 food than you would of any other ferret kibble.  If true,
this brings the cost way way down.  If a volume price is available, this
will make it very easy for me to try this.

Finally, speaking of trying this, I told her I have three ferrets, and
she's going to send me several sample bags before I commit to buying.