From:
"Gustafson, Barb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:22:13 -0600
The volunteers of the Alberta Ferret Society had a blast yesterday as,
for the second year in a row, they participated in the annual Klondike
Days parade in Edmonton.  The AFS mascot, Digsby, was feeling like a true
"king of the castle" as he waved to the crowd from his position of honor
in the back of a beautifully decorated jeep.  The rest of us walked,
danced and laughed our way thru the 25 blocks of parade route wearing
sign boards and carrying the AFS banner.  Even when the short burst of
rain started to came down and the wind threatened to blow away their sign
boards the volunteers kept on smiling.  All in all it was a wonderful day
and another great opportunity to raise public awareness of our existence.
Thank you to everyone who helped out.

P.S.  - The members of the AFS were also pleased to see FRES, another
ferret rescue group which made the trek up from Calgary to be in the
parade.  FRES had an adorable representation of a ferret riding inside
a chuck wagon and in true Calgary fashion each of the volunteers wore
cowboy hats.  Ya all looked great!

Barbara Gustafson
Alberta Ferret Society
President