From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 09:32:02 -0500
>Subject: Ferret Intelliegence
>Got me thinking the other day, do our fuzzies miss us when we are not
>home with them, when we go to work, to the store, do they long for us
>to return to them??

Hello FML,
I too believe that our little fuzzies our very highly intelligent and do
miss us when we are gone.  When I was working out of state for a couple of
weeks, I had my boyfriend and my sister take care of all my fuzzies.  They
got great care and plenty of play time, but 4 of my six had lost a lot of
weight.  When I returned, I received plenty of kisses and within a week had
gained their weight back.  They turn to us for comfort, love and attention,
just as us humans turn to close family members or friends.  My fuzzies also
know the difference between the work week and the weekend.  During the week
they have a pretty normal routine (with variety), on the weekends they know
they get special treats like walks in the park, going different places and
staying out longer.  In my honest opinion - I think ferrets are smarter
than *some* human beings!  :-)

WARNING!  I just want to remind people, now that the weather is warming up
to keep an eye on their water bottles.  As I was putting the fuzzies to bed
this morning and placing their newly filled water bottle in their cage, I
noticed that it didn't drip like usual when I hooked it on to their cage.
I tapped the ball and noticed nothing coming out, it was blocked.  If I
wouldn't have checked - the fuzzies wouldn't of had water.  Now keep in
mind that I keep a bowl of water right beneath it, (just in case something
like this happens, plus I have a couple that prefer water out of the bowl
instead of the bottle).  I just wanted to let those know that only have
water bottles in their cage, to ALWAYS check the water bottle to make sure
the water is easily flowing every time you put it on their cage.  Better
safe than sorry!

Ferret kisses!
Tracy Jose