From:
Bobby and Jane Petty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 20:27:38 -0600
My goodness what a response!!!!!

I asked about how to get our fuzzy, Tally, to take her prednisone and the
response was overwhelming!!  In all, I got more than a dozen responses, so
I'm going to respond back with this mass mailing.  You all had great ideas
and I thank you so much for sharing them with us.  It's amazing to see that
so many people can get together and try to help make a ferret's life more
pleasant.

I think what might work best for us for now is to mix the prednisone syrup
with ferretone and let her lap it up.  She doesn't dive into it as she does
straight ferretone, but she definitely doesn't go into a conniption fit when
she takes it.  We will turn to other methods suggested by you all.

She's romping around and not quite as vibrant as a kit, but she is eating
more and doesn't have as many staring spells.

We will have to see what we need to do to her after she's been on the meds
for a few months.  If she gets a lot healthier, we MAY consider a second
surgery to remove the pancreatic tumors.  I know from reading the literature
on the internet that it normally isn't an option since it puts lots of
stress on the ferret and a 2nd surgery may dessemate what little
properly-functioning pancreas she has remaining.  IF ANYONE HAS ANY THOUGHTS
ON THIS, PLEASE LET US KNOW.

For now, Tally is doing much better, thanx to a lot of people who care about
the welfare of a ferret they don't even know.

Thanx again

Bobby, Jane and Tally