From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:23:35 -0400
The only Marshall Farm products I have are ferrets (not that I consider
them products, but MF does).  I love my three MF gals (two from pet
stores, third and all future ones from a shelter).  I will not support MF
in other way than giving their ferrets a home and love.  I do not want
this company to make a profit at all, because of their interests in
ferret mill-breeding for labs and pets.

There are many other great ferret product lines available from companies
that don't exploit ferrets, I would rather give these companies my
business.  This type of reasoning is also why I prefer to shop at
petstores that don't sell pets, but only pet products.

I don't think the solution is to make other MF lines more profitatble.
If they make lots of money on ferret products then they are still going to
want to breed ferrets, to insure that their are lots of fuzzies out there
needing their products.  To me it would be like if Phillip Morris Co made
a profit on ashtrays, cigarette holders, and lighters.  They would still
keep up their cigarette line to create a demand for these other products.
If their cigarette line wasn't as profitable, they may just reduce the
quality (and thus the expense) of cigarettes to make them more profitable.
I would not want this to happen with the breeding of ferrets.  It is a
nice idea, but I don't think any profit for MF is a good idea.

Risa