Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 16:15:43 -0400
I'm writing to thank everyone who sent condolence messages after Ben's death
in August.  Thanks also to everyone who sent words of encouragement during
Ben's final week.  We were actually sitting in front of the computer reading
some of those messages when I looked at Ben and noticed that she had stopped
breathing.  It was comforting to know that many people cared about Ben.

It's been a rough year--losing our two elder ferrets after long illnesses.
My neighbor described the feeling perfectly when she said, "When you nurse
animals through an illness, they become the closest thing to your heart."

We appreciate all the support FML readers have provided during this
heartbreaking year.

     Clare Sebok