From:
Tom Kasner - Dean Team Automotive <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:11:40 -0500
>There is one last service that I forget the name of. It's the most
>innovative sites of all. Brand new. It says that you don't have to
>open a browser on the net to work on your photos and and things. It
>sounds almost like you have no uploading. Like your computer is
>linked. I couldn't understand it because the ideas were so new. I
>don't like change very much, so I didn't try it. It's so worth it for
>you to check out out, because its so different. Maybe the person here
>who emailed me will share with us the name of the site....
>
>Wolfy"

The Service I recommended to check out was Sharpcast Photos.
http://www.sharpcast.com/

It is different. The idea is that you manage your photos on your PC and
the service automatically syncs that with your online albums. Great for
lazy (or busy) folks like me.

It's free, and there are no obnoxious ads. The whole idea is to make
the process as simple as possible. No manual uploading, it's done
automatically. They will handle moving your photos from Yahoo Photos,
or most any other service.

Group albums. Those of you who went, could share your symposium photos
in one album.

Quick Tour: http://www.sharpcast.com/newtour/quicktour1.html

When you sign up for the service, you get to choose a personal domain
name. Mine is ferretlife.sharpcast.com. (I just signed up so there is
nothing there yet.)

More questions answered: http://www.sharpcast.com/blog/

I'd like feedback if anyone here does try it.

Hey, sometimes different is a good thing!

Tom Kasner
It's a Ferret Life
www.ferretlife.com
FURRY Ferret Rescue, volunteer
www.furryferretrescue.org

PS: While I'm here I like some personal feedback on a project I am
starting. I have begun putting together a blogging site for ferret
owners at www.FerretBlogger.com. The idea is to have a community where
ferret owners/rescues/shelters can share their experiences in a
personal blog. People can direct access your blog though a personal
domain like wolfy.ferretblogger.com or through the main page. You could
of course link off to photo albums like mentioned above or your own
sites. I am going to put the site together anyway, but it isn't a
priority. If I see enough interest, I'll work harder to put it together
faster.

Thanks.