From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2009 19:33:06 -0700
Dear Saraferret,

Today Kieran went to cross the bridge. He is a 6 year old sable ferret,
who went blind when he was 3 years old. You couldn't tell, though,
except of course now he couldn't play his favorite chase games very
well. He would always climb up on the futon and sleep by himself, or
with a friend. He was such a good mouser until he went blind. Even
then, he would attack my hand when I bounced it on the side of the
futon, catching it and "killing" it. He had surgery and it showed he
had lymphoma, and it had spread to his liver. We opted to put him to
sleep as the vet said if we brought him out of it he would only get
sick very soon again anyway.

Kieran made friends with our cat, Meow, at a young age. He was always
wrestling with him. He was the only boy in a group of three girls for
a very long time, and I am sure he will love seeing the two that have
passed on - Okojyo and Zip, his big sisters, and his little sister
Frejya, along with Data, his big brother. Kieran didn't have any
favorite toys, really, but he did like Ferretone very much. If anything
Kieran was a very independent boy who shrugged off everything that
bugged him, and if it didnt' stop, he made sure it did! He would always
bully the new kids, but you could tell he was just making sure his
family was protected. He wasn't very big but his heart was huge.

Sincerely,
Laryssa