From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 14:03:09 -0500
Cheapest decent litter is what we use.  Wood stove fuel pellets.  Got ot the
wood stove store nearest you and find the cheapest grade they have.  The
higher grade stuff has a coating which slightly hampers is use as litter but
since its what we have available we use it.  40 pounds for under 4 dollars.

Better choice for quality is Pine Fresh brand.  Best for odor free of any
litter I've ever used.  We take this to shows and visiting other locations.

Another inexpensive but less 'useful' for odor control is crushed corn
cob litter also used for birds.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets