From:
Woeller D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 09:58:54 -0500
Greeting to all the ferret lovers out there.  I have gotten lots of good
suggestions about the Virtual Medicine Cabinet, to form a web page, book,
newsletter, etc..  Your enthusiasm is honestly appreciated, but the tasks
suggested are a wee bit overwhelming for one person.  So my suggestion is,
don't just stop at coming up with these wonderful ideas, develop them!  If
you would like to see a web page, newsletter, magazine, etc., and know how
to do it, send me a list of steps that need to be accomplished, and which of
them you are willing to do, and which I need to get other volunteers to do.
If you don't know how to do it, perhaps you would be willing to make calls
to friends that know how, or even strangers that know how, and check into
it.... I would like to see 'US' all do these things together.  I would be
hopeless, trying to accomplish these projects alone.  I am just a concerned
owner, not a shelter, or a breeder, or an expert on ferrets, web pages, or
books, but I know some of you out there ARE.  If you are willing to help,
volunteer for a specific task, or take charge of, or be on a committee to do
some things, contact me at [log in to unmask]  I'm willing to be
administrator, and an info gatherer, if this is acceptable, and I'll try to
get you organized with others who want to do the same, or find something for
you to do on your preferred project, if someone else comes up with a list.
I do not intend on doing anything on a for-profit basis, so your help would
be unpaid, as is mine.

I have had one offer from a fine gentleman, to do a web page.  I'm waiting
for details from him to discuss this with him, but if those of you
computer-talented folks (especially graphics-talented, as he says he's weak
in this area) want to volunteer, or submit a list of to-do's to get the page
well-prepped, it looks like this project is already going to roll.

One last thing.  While I enjoy the well-meant missives on what 'we' should
do with this info I am collecting, I am receiving more suggestions on how
folks think I should present the info than actual info.  Could you guys also
include a little writeup, with your suggestions of items to have around for
a 'medicine cabinet' for a ferret?  Keep in mind, it doesn't all have to be
emergency stuff- little hints that seem common sense to you, e.g.  having a
styptic pencil around or ferretone on the belly for nail trimming time
(don't forget to explain what a product is, relative cost-if you know it,
where you can find it, any special tools you need to give it- and where to
get them, how, where and how much to apply/ administer-whew!  and yes, the
two previous items will be in the posts) may be a totally new concept to
someone else.  Think of the kinds of things we keep on hand for our human
medicine cabinets.... If this all works out, I will do later info gathering
posts on various other ferret projects, (unless someone else volunteers to
do it, first....)so start writing down your ideas on all things ferrety.

Everyone who contributes an idea will get a copy of the final post.  If
anyone missed my original proposal (appeared on this list, two days ago),
you can e-mail me, and I'll send you the post.

Thanks, all for your offers of help & good wishes,
Angelique