From:
Beverly Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 14:36:26 EST
I originally posted this to the fhl and then didn't get my digest, I seem
to have a problem with my fhl and fml, sometimes I get them and sometimes
I don't.  I am still trying to find out any info that I can on this
medicine and if anyone has used it on ferrets.  Then I pray I will get
the fhl and/or fml with the answers.

I am taking care of a ferret for a friend that has become unable to care
for her right now, she is 9 years old and has insulinoma, for that she
takes .05 pediapred 2x daily.

She has a problem with gingevitis and clavamox did no good for her at
all, cleaning her teeth is not an option because of her age right now,
the vet prescribed 0.2 ml 2 x daily for this.  The vet adminstered the
first dose, she has used it with dogs and cats with good results.

That night and the next morning she had black runs, I am not giving her
the meds as I would like to run it by here first, my vet is good but she
like so many others are learning in this state, where so many ferrets
don't get any care at all.

This ferret is in a high stress situation right now, and please don't
anyone flame me, these circumstances are truely beyond our control and
what I want is to keep this ferret well for her mom until she can get
her back.

thank you for any help you can give me
beverly