From:
Kim Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 07:55:02 EDT
Hello fellow ferret enthusiast.  In light of the Utah ferret rescue, I
have done several things.

1) eight or ten of ferrets will be coming here.

2) I did not feel it was enough, so I made thirty hammocks to be
distributed by Julie Fossa to others she is delivering ferrets to.  I
could not get them done before she left, so they will be distributed on
the return trip.  They are simple cloth hammies with grommeted corners,
simple, easiest and fastest to make in such short notice.  I am hoping
everyone who takes some can send a dollar for each one they take.  That at
least will pay for the grommets and fabric I used to make them.  If not,
it's no big deal.

3)I felt bad because not everyone is getting one of these hammocks.  So, I
bought some more fleece with the last $20 I had, since I could get $5 off
a $25 purchase, and it was on sale for $3.99 a yard.  This will allow me
to make my specialty items, 'luxury' hammocks, plush, soft, in beautiful
colors and prints.  I sell them at $10 per hammock.  I'm proposing to send
$5 of every purchase, yes, that's half my money, to S.O.S.  for them to
distribute wherever needed for these ferrets.  I have to talk to Judith
about details still, and have cc'd this directly to her, but I wanted the
word to go out of what I'm trying to do since I feel I am doing only a
little.  *Ideally, I'd like to money to go to her, and then have HER send
me our $5 plus your postage so you get the benefit of tax deductiblility*
but I don't know how these things work.  I wanted my small contribution of
$20 to go a long way.  In this manner, it will.  Money will go to S.O.S,
and some will come here to help support the furkids Julie is bringing to
my shelter.  Each hammock is a quarter yard of fleece and fabric.  They
have looped corners, sewn extra tight, for hanging with metal shower
curtain hooks.  shipping is $3.50, which will cover at least six hammocks.
You can see some of them on my website already, but I will put the others
up as soon as I have one of each color sewn.  Our Tigger hammies tend to
go fast!  I'll be sewing my fingers off for the next couple days.  I do
take paypal (under mystyxrescue), and money orders or checks can be sent
to   850 Darby Creek Drive
     Galloway, OH 43119

4) I will also be holding a private auction for a sable Scoozie, all
proceeds will benefit the ferrets here.  Scoozie will go to the highest
bidder, and I will send the money to Judith to distribute as well.

To participate, join the email list
by sending mil here:

here is where you will place your bid.  $5 minimum first bid, additional
bids in at least .25 cent increments.

I wish I could do more, but hopefully this will be of some help

Fuzzie hugs...

Kim Wolf
Mystyx Samoyeds, Ferrets and Rescue
www.geocities.com/mystyx_samoyedsnferrets