From:
Rick Lemker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 1996 00:02:45 -0400
Stephanie Sheme writes:

>Animals do not judge you by religion, race, sexuality...<

Nor do most of us FML animals, Stephanie.  I believe I'm speaking for a
majority of FMLers when I say I couldn't give a CA F&G commissioner's
patootie about the race, religion, sex, nationality - whatever - of anyone
here.  Not because of any glowing nobility or enlightenment on my part, but
because those details can't possibly make any difference.  As Churchill once
said: "This is the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put!" Or
something like that...

Re: ECE.  It was quite a wait, but it's good to see the topic of intentional
exposure finally tossed about.  I knew there were strong and varying
opinions when we tip-toed around the subject a year ago.  Some unknown
factors essential to the debate, imho, are how well youthful exposure
confers immunity, and for how long if it does.  Until we know these numbers,
it's a tough call to make.

In any case, I'd like to compliment ALL of the posters so far on handling
themselves remarkably well given the emotional nature of the ECE issues, and
for avoiding the unnecessary antagonism of some earlier teapot tempests.  CA
will face ECE soon, and your experiences and opinions are indispensable to
us.

Watching *this* debate closely,

swampp