From:
Lori Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:33:00 -0500
A great book for mustelid lovers is "A Weasel in my Meatsafe" by Phil
Drabble.  This can be difficult to find and quite expensive to purchase,
but perhaps can be found in local libraries.  Drabble is a British
naturalist and writes about his life's experiences raising wild animals in
his home, including a badger, polecats, and a weasel.  He talks about
ferrets too.  Many of the attitudes toward wild animals have changed since
this book was published, and perhaps some of Drabble's methods would be
thought of as crude and environmentally insensitive today, but the book is
very interesting.  Also, Smithsonian magazine published an article about
weasels just a few years ago.  They've never answered my e-mail requests
for a copy, though.  If anyone has it, I would love a faxed copy.

Lori Barber
E-mail: [log in to unmask]