From:
Sara Munz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:27:36 -0800
You didn't mention where you are, but there are at least two shelters in
Missouri.  FURRY in St.  Louis and Kansas City Ferret Rescue in Kansas
City.  They should both be easy to find from online resources.  I don't
know if the Springfield shelter still exists.

And my advice to you about starting a shelter: DON'T.

I have (literally) been there and done that.  It's a huge amount of work,
will consume an immense amount of time and money, and you will break your
heart many times over.  Yes, there are rewards, but talk to other shelter
people before you jump into this.  And if you're anywhere near a shelter,
take the chance to work with them rather than starting something new.

Sara & 4 fuzzies