Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1992 10:18:00 -0400
First, thanx Chris for getting me on the list. (I've tried several
times over a 2 year period.  I'd send mail and never get a response.
Probably a flakey mailer somewhere wanted to eat ferret mail)

[Probably at AT&T - experience has shown that many mail systems
inside AT&T are rather badly ****ed.  Especially if you had to
mail to me via the address "[log in to unmask]".
Badly *****ed.

Occasionally I get people making rather nasty noises at me for
not doing what they want.  I assure you that it's only because
I *didn't* know anything about it.]

Does anyone know of a ferret club in the Denver, Colorado area?  I
keep reading about Nancy's (the person, not the ferret) ferret shows,
and I'd love to bring my gang to one.

Here's a cute/funny story that I think everyone will enjoy:

I was sitting on my front porch reading a book one day, and Ferrah
(albino female) was inside the house, digging at the door to get
my attention.  She normally does not like to go outside, but she
was very insistant about it this time.  I put her on her harness, and
took her outside.  Instead of insisting that I pick her up and hold
her (her normal outside reaction), she started exploring.  Wow, dirt
to dig in.  Look Dad, weeds to play in!!  Grass to slither through!!
Gee, the grass seems to be getting wet.  What's that long green thing
that looks like a snake?  Lets follow it.  It's got a funny round
black thing attached to the end of it.  I'm going to stick my head up
and see exactly what this thing is.  A FACE FULL OF WATER!!!  THIS
IS FUN!! LETS RUN THOUGH THE SPRINKLER!!

Ferrah is normally so timid outside that I was amazed.  After she found
the sprinkler she went into the full ferret dance.  Hopping through the
sprinkler, rolling in the dirt, back to the sprinkler, chirping all
the time.  Ferrets look so pathetic when they are soaked!

--
Brian, Kitty, Ferrah, Dr. Pepper, (can I mention cats? Fletch, and Buddy)